Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lalicious...Turn Your Home into a Spa

Since the opening of Soap 'n Sorbet, many customers have asked me about Lalicious...What are the scents like? What is the texture of the oils/scrubs/butters? So I thought I'd write my own little review here to share my experience :) In addition, X-Wen from Fash-Eccentric also reviewed Lalicious with flying colours! Read her blog to find out what she thinks!

Delicious Scents
I'd say the things I love the most about Lalicious are 1) the deliciously addictive scents; & 2) the nice whipped textures of the products! My first was the Sugar Kiss Sugar Souffle Scrub, and I remember how the scent just couldn't wait to escape from the tub when I opened it! There are a total of 8 scents, and we carry 5 of the most popular:

Sugar Kiss
: Sweet scent that reminds me of cotton candy in a theme park!

Brown Sugar & Vanilla: Sweetest of the range and also the most popular. Resembles warm baked cookies, or warm caramel

Passionfruit Lime: In between sweet/fruity, just like fruity sorbet

Island Guava: Just like freshly squeezed guava juice. The most refreshing of the range!

Coffee Bean: Smells like the must-have cup of cafe latte in the morning. It also acts as a temporary body slimmer due to the caffeine within.

My favourite changes depending on the mood, but I'd say it is a struggle between Sugar Kiss and PF Lime. As for my customers, Brown Sugar & Vanilla, PF Lime, and Island Guava are the most popular. I love the fact the these wonderful scents linger subtly on the skin after 1-2 hours of application! (with the exception of Coffee Bean, which will fade away faster in my experience).

Greatest scrub of all...
Some background info: I have sensitive/dry skin. Usually my priority is to moisturise like crazy, but at the same time my back is prone to spots (especially during THAT time of the month) which I totally avoid any oils. However, I do have some annoying bumps on my elbows/legs that I try to scrub away. I have honestly tried many scrubs. Either they are too harsh that I feel like being tortured (especially salt scrubs), or they cover me with such thick layer of grease that I need a second shower! Body polishes are way too mild. With the Lalicious Sugar Souffle Scrubs, I find it very effective by following their instructions:
  1. Use after shower on wet skin. Scrub till sugar crystals melt. Note: The crystals can feel quite rough at first, but as they melt away in about 1-2 minutes it will give you a good effective scrubbing without peeling away your skins.
  2. Wash away excess oil. Note: This is the part that feels the most oily as the scrub contains many skin-loving oils - coconut, sweet almond, soybean & vitamin E oils
  3. Pat dry with towel. Note: There will still be some residual oil on the skins, but they get absorbed amazingly quickly, and very soon you will feel baby smooth :). However, I would still avoid any acne-prone areas
  4. The scrubs can be used everyday. Note: Tried and tested, and my skin is still with me :)
  5. The full size tub is big, and will last you at least 2-3 months even if you use it very frequently!
I agree with X-Wen that the scrub is best used at night if you keep your AC on. For most people, there is no need for body lotion after the scrub, but sometimes, I still lather on an extra layer especially on my dry legs. Even though the scents from the scrubs linger on, I find no problem applying other scented lotions on. At one point, when I was sent samples of all the scents from Lalicious, I was literally scrubbing myself everyday to try! Amazingly, the persistent bumps on my elbows were gone! Yippeeee!!

Looking inside: Authentic & sealed.

Special whipped technology, no separation of oils & sugars
Very Light & Fluffy texture!

Fast Absorbing Body Butters...
The Whipped Body Butters and the Bath & Body Oils are two of the other Lalicious products that we carry, as they make a wholesome home-spa experience with the scrumptious scrubs! Again, what I love about Lalicious is that everything is very moisturising/skin loving whilst not overly heavy for the Singapore weather :)

The butters come in the same scents (excluding Coffee Bean which only comes in scrub form). I'd say the phrase "Body Butter" is actually quite misleading. To me, the texture is in between a runny body milk and a heavy butter, although not as light as Steam Cream. The butter itself resembles a whipped cream type texture, and absorbs amazingly well without feeling sticky. As mentioned, for my skin type I am even able to lather on an extra layer of Body Butter after the Scrub at night.

Freshly opened, smells lovely! Whipped cream anyone?

Versatile Bath & Body Oil...
Finally, the Bath & Body Oil is interesting in that it is highly versatile. It can just about be used for anything! Make up remover, moisturiser, cuticle oil, hair treatment, bath oil...The texture of the oil is quite runny and I don't find it too greasy/sticky at all. In fact, it is so runny that I find it a bit messy to apply as a cuticle oil, but it does wonders for the rest! Often I use the oils for my very dry legs, which reminds me of the famous Skin Deep Dry Leg Oil by This Works, only this is twice the size and much cheaper! This comes in Vanilla, PF Lime, Island Guava, & Coconut Cream.

Note that under colder temperature (aka in AC), the oils may condense into a white gooey texture which is totally normal and reflective of the lovely coconut oils within. Simply place it under room temp and it will slowly revert back to oil form.

Runny, clear texture

No comments:

Post a Comment